Discover how to add features to and customize websites built with WordPress, the world's most popular website building platform. This course will help you build interactive sites where visitors can comment on your articles, fill out forms and applications, buy your products, and even make appointments.
Take your WordPress site to the next level! This online course will teach you how to optimize your site for a more dynamic user experience. You'll learn how to easily use CSS to improve your site's appearance. And if you don't know how to use WordPress plugins, you'll learn to add and manage them. If you're using the world's most popular CMS, learn to get the most out of it with Intermediate WordPress Websites.
6 Weeks / 24 Course Hrs / 3 Month Access
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- Building, updating, and improving your WordPress site from the online administrative area
- Using CSS to customize a website's appearance
- Installing and managing plugins
- Installing themes and customizing tools to create a compelling design
How The Course is Taught
- Instructor led or self paced online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- 3 Months of Access
How You Will Benefit
- Confidently use WordPress to create a professional-looking personal, business, or organizational website
- Open the door to more career opportunities as a WordPress designer for small businesses
- Create your own personal website to brand yourself and your business services online
- Includes 90-days of free hosting on SiteGround
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should Become
A Web Designer
The World Wide Web is calling. Here are reasons why you should consider a career in web design:
- Strong future job prospects: According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, web design jobs are projected to grow by 13% by 2028.
- Businesses need websites: Small businesses and international corporations all need a web presence - and a good designer.
- This is perfect small business: Many web designers work from home and own their agency. Perfect to balance family and work.
- Web designers are people oriented: A website is all about how a user interacts with the digital presence of a business. Web designers make that happen.
- The Internet is not going away: The World Wide Web is a reality and necessary resource. Web designers help make those resources a reality.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify for up to $4000 in tution assistance!
Web Design Essentials Courses