Create attractive, sophisticated blogs and websites without any coding! This course provides hands-on experience creating web pages and posts, adding images and videos, changing a site’s look and feel, and working with user-friendly features.
WordPress is the most commonly used content management system, powering more than 34% of all websites. You can easily learn how to create a user-friendly WordPress site — without any coding.
This course will give you hands-on experience with this powerful website building tool. Throughout the course, you will build a WordPress site, while learning how to design pages, add engaging content, and customize your site's look and feel. By course completion, you will be able to maintain a secure site that achieves high search engine rankings.
The WordPress.org version covered in this class is the platform the pros use. While it normally requires a paid hosting account, this course includes a totally free, no obligation SiteGround hosting account for three months, along with a private place on the web for practice.
6 Weeks / 24 Course Hrs / 3 Month Access
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- Learn to use WordPress to create pages and posts, add images and videos, change a site's look and feel, and include user-friendly features
- Learn how to organize a blog or website and create appealing content
- Discover how to keep your site secure and achieve better positions on search engine results pages
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- 3 Months of Access
How You Will Benefit
- Confidently use WordPress to create a blog or a personal, business, or organizational website
- Open the door to more career opportunities as a WordPress designer for small businesses
- Create your own personal website to brand yourself and your business services online
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should Become
A Web Designer
The World Wide Web is calling. Here are reasons why you should consider a career in web design:
- Strong future job prospects: According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, web design jobs are projected to grow by 13% by 2028.
- Businesses need websites: Small businesses and international corporations all need a web presence - and a good designer.
- This is perfect small business: Many web designers work from home and own their agency. Perfect to balance family and work.
- Web designers are people oriented: A website is all about how a user interacts with the digital presence of a business. Web designers make that happen.
- The Internet is not going away: The World Wide Web is a reality and necessary resource. Web designers help make those resources a reality.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify for up to $4000 in tution assistance!
Web Design Essentials Courses