Web designers design and create web sites. They are responsible for the overall look and functionality of a site, including how well users interact with site's content.
Web designers work in a variety of situations. Some employed "in-house" by various companies. Some work for design agencies. Quite a few designers are independent contractors - owning and operating a design business.
These courses are designed for those wanting to enter into the field of web design, or for small business owners interested in maintaining their own sites.
If you have an attention to detail, have a good designing eye, and are comfortable working with computers and the internet, you might enjoy a career in web design.
Web Design Essentials Courses
5 Reasons Why You Should Become
A Web Designer
The World Wide Web is calling. Here are reasons why you should consider a career in web design:
- Strong future job prospects: According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, web design jobs are projected to grow by 13% by 2028.
- Businesses need websites: Small businesses and international corporations all need a web presence - and a good designer.
- This is perfect small business: Many web designers work from home and own their agency. Perfect to balance family and work.
- Web designers are people oriented: A website is all about how a user interacts with the digital presence of a business. Web designers make that happen.
- The Internet is not going away: The World Wide Web is a reality and necessary resource. Web designers help make those resources a reality.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify for up to $4000 in tution assistance!