Learn how to take your dream of starting a business and put it into action. In this class, you will learn everything you need to know about starting a business. You will begin by discovering the tricks to picking the right opportunity for you. Next, you will learn how to develop proven marketing techniques to easily build sales.
Since every business needs money, this course discusses traditional and nontraditional financing options. Finally, you will learn easy-to-implement employee-management procedures and how to write business policies that help you build your business.
You, as a business owner, need to manage all your limited resources. One resource that often gets overlooked is your time. In the final lesson, you will learn time-management techniques especially for entrepreneurs. While taking this course, you will discover the secrets that separate the successful entrepreneurs from the struggling ones.
6 Weeks / 24 Course Hrs / 3 Month Access
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- Learn the best ways to choose the right business opportunity
- Develop proven marketing techniques that will help you build sales
- Gain an understanding of traditional and non-traditional financing options
- Learn effective employee-management procedures
- Discover time-management techniques designed to help entrepreneurs succeed
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- 3 Months of Access
How You Will Benefit
- Gain a complete understanding of what separates a successful business and how to avoid failure
- Discover the single most valuable asset in your business and how it can help you create wealth
- Develop the skills you need to effectively manage your time, relationships and personal financial position
- Pursue your dream of owning a successful business by starting on the right track with proper structures and policies in place
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should Start
A Small Business
Small businesses are the life-blood of the American economy:
- They make up the majority of the work force: According to the Small Business Association (SBA), 99.7% of all jobs are in the small business sector.
- They have the greatest growth factor: Small businesses accounted for over 60% of the job growth 1993 and 2011.
- Most are home based: Over 50% of small businesses are home based, allowing owners to focus on family and work.
- Small businesses provide needed services: Small business are agile, meaning they can adjust to meet the needs of their clients.
- Small businesses are innovative: According to the SBA, small businesses produced 16 times more patents per employee than larger corporations!
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.
Small Business Essentials Courses
Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring (FREE Self-Paced Tutorial)
Discover small business marketing strategies that can help you attract attention, woo your target audience, grow your customer base, and expand your profits-all for little or no money.