When it comes to marketing for small businesses, money isn't everything! In this course, you'll learn how to use the same marketing tricks the big companies employ—without making a big dent in your wallet.
The small business marketing strategies you'll learn will fit into any budget—and some are even free! With the help of videos, spreadsheets, and hands-on activities, you'll build your skills in each lesson. You'll master cost-effective strategies including strategic partnerships, local marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, e-mail marketing, lead generation, and niche marketing. Along the way, you'll see many real-world examples from other small businesses much like yours.
Whether you're new to advertising or looking for a refresher, this course will make you a marketing pro. And by the time you're done, you'll have a personalized plan of action for increasing your sales—all on a shoestring budget.
6 Weeks / 24 Course Hrs / 3 Month Access
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- Learn to build your own customized marketing plan step-by-step
- Discover how to attract your target audiences, entice customers to buy your product or service, and keep buyers coming back for more
- Find out how to generate the referrals that are crucial to your company's success
- Get tips on evaluating your tactics, tracking your results, and fine-tuning your approach
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- 3 Months of Access
How You Will Benefit
- Master cost-effective strategies that will allow you to market like a company with a much bigger budget
- Create a personalized marketing plan designed in increase sales
- Learn to generate more revenue with less money
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should Start
A Small Business
Small businesses are the life-blood of the American economy:
- They make up the majority of the work force: According to the Small Business Association (SBA), 99.7% of all jobs are in the small business sector.
- They have the greatest growth factor: Small businesses accounted for over 60% of the job growth 1993 and 2011.
- Most are home based: Over 50% of small businesses are home based, allowing owners to focus on family and work.
- Small businesses provide needed services: Small business are agile, meaning they can adjust to meet the needs of their clients.
- Small businesses are innovative: According to the SBA, small businesses produced 16 times more patents per employee than larger corporations!
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.
Small Business Essentials Courses