Small businesses are the life-blood and the heartbeat of the American economy. With over 97% of all jobs, privately owned businesses put people to work and provide necessary services and goods.
These essential courses will inspire you to open your own business, provide the necessary tools to run that business, and help you keep current on skills that you will need.
Ready to strike out on your own? Or do you work for a small business? Check out these courses to help you succeed.
Small Business Essentials Courses
Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
Discover small business marketing strategies that can help you attract attention, woo your target audience, grow your customer base, and expand your profits-all for little or no money.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start
A Small Business
Small businesses are the life-blood of the American economy:
- They make up the majority of the work force: According to the Small Business Association (SBA), 99.7% of all jobs are in the small business sector.
- They have the greatest growth factor: Small businesses accounted for over 60% of the job growth 1993 and 2011.
- Most are home based: Over 50% of small businesses are home based, allowing owners to focus on family and work.
- Small businesses provide needed services: Small business are agile, meaning they can adjust to meet the needs of their clients.
- Small businesses are innovative: According to the SBA, small businesses produced 16 times more patents per employee than larger corporations!
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.