Demand for medical coders will grow 13% by 2026, so there's no better time to advance your career. This online medical coding course will train you to become a Certified Inpatient Coder.
The AAPC Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC™) credential proves that you are an expert in inpatient medical records review. Earning CIC™ certification requires previous work experience, so most professionals prepare for the exam while working full-time. With this course's flexible online format, you can prepare for the CIC™ exam on your own schedule.
6 Months / 170 Course Hrs
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- How to apply the official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines for diagnoses and procedures
- Understand the different types of hospital facilities and their documentation and coding standards
- Understand the Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS) coding guideline
- Differentiate between inpatient and outpatient services and payment methodologies (IPPS and OPPS)
- Understand the difference between MS-DRGs and APC assignments
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 170 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Holding the CIC™ certification credential validates the expert level knowledge
- Specialized medical coding experience helps with career advancement
- According to Indeed.com, more remote coding positions are available for certified inpatient coders
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A
Career in Medical Support
Are you detail-oriented and good with people? Then consider the following reasons to start a career in medical support:
- The jobs are predicted to increase: According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, this career area is predicted to increase in jobs - mainly because the US population is aging.
- You can often work from home: Medical coders and other support staff often work from home, allowing them to balance work and family.
- You get to help people: Medical support staff are often the face of doctors and other physicians. You can address the needs of people right when they need them.
- Many careers can be the start of a small business: Why work for someone else, when you can provide these services yourself and grow a business!
- Medical support is portable: Every community has medical offices. Your career can go with you if you need to move.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.
Medical Support Career Courses
CBCS Medical Billing and Coding (Voucher Included)
CBCS Medical Billing and Coding is an ideal medical coding training course for students new to a medical career. This nationally recognized course combines the Medical Billing and Coding course with 60 hours of Medical Terminology training to give you a competitive edge in the healthcare field.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
The 100% online course will prepare you to work as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), designated by the National Healthcare Career Association (NHA).