If you have recently been promoted to a supervisory or management position or want to learn how to become a more effective manager, this course will help you master the basics of business by learning the language of management.
You will learn how to make a successful transition from employee to manager and you will learn how to manage your time so that you can deal with the constant demands of a managerial job.
You will learn the skills required to delegate responsibility and motivate your employees. A large part of a manager's job involves getting things done through other people, and this course will help you understand how to influence and direct other people's performance.
Finally, you will learn how to solve problems and resolve conflicts so you can accomplish your job more effectively.
6 Weeks / 24 Course Hrs / 3 Month Access
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to manage you time so that you can deal with the constant demands of a managerial job
- Learn the skills required to delegate responsibility and motivate employees
- Understand how to influence and direct other people's performance
- Learn how to solve problems and resolve conflicts
How The Course is Taught
- Self paced online course
- 6-12 weeks to complete
- 24 course hours
- 3 Months of Access
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to make a successful transition from employee to manager
- Become a better more confident manager with the skills to succeed in your role
- Become more effective and efficient at your job
More Course Information
5 Reasons Why You Should
Become a Manager
Businesses need managers who will take responsibility to lead teams of people to success. Here is why you should think about becoming a manger:
- Strong future job prospects: According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, management jobs are projected to grow by 7% by 2028.
- Better pay: The median annual wage for management occupations was $105,660 in May 2019.
- You have more input in company direction: Companies of all sizes rely on the expertise of their leaders, and will consult them frequently.
- You are challenged frequently: A good manager is not just concerned about her job, but about the productivity of her entire team.
- Managers are diverse: No matter what your occupation, there is a need for management and leadership skills.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.
Managment Essentials Courses
Fundamentals of Supervision and Management (FREE Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn the people skills required to motivate and delegate, and learn tools for solving problems and resolving conflicts.