The Purchasing and Supply Chain Management course will show you the integrated approach to planning, acquisition, flow, and distribution, from raw materials to finished products.
6 Months / 300 Course Hrs
No Instructor, Start Anytime
The course will cover topics such as developing a corporate culture, working successfully with teams, developing and implementing successful people management strategies, and workflow and performance management. You'll also learn what makes a successful entrepreneur, and you'll develop an understanding of the basics of marketing management and the strategies involved in developing a marketing plan. The art of negotiation is covered in great detail, giving you a foundation for negotiating with great awareness and effectiveness.
What You Will Learn
- Be familiar with the basics of purchasing and the purchasing environment in the private sector
- Gain an understanding of the various approaches, tools, and strategies used in negotiations
- Learn the fundamentals of the budgeting process and managing the process in an organization
- Become aware of the basic subjects in the field of price and cost analysis from a purchasing and production perspective
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 300 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Develop a deep understanding of the art of negotiation, which will help you in creating contracts with clients and potential employers
- Learn the communication skills necessary to be an effective project and supply chain manager
- Gain valuable project management experience and work toward receiving your PMI credential
- Know how to efficiently manage both projects and people, which will enable you to thrive in any professional managerial setting
More Course Information
Supply Chain Management Courses
Freight Broker/Agent Training
Become part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. Freight broker training will help you learn the skills you need to be a successful Freight Broker/Agent.
Certified Green Supply Chain Professional
The Certified Green Supply Chain Professional Online Training course will give you the specialized knowledge to enable a company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Career In
Supply Chain Management
Logisticians (supply chain managers) are critical in for today's manufacturing and consumer-oriented society. They analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer.
- Projected to grow 5 percent from 2018 to 2028: Employment growth will be driven, in part, by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy.
- Annual wage for logisticians was $74,600 in 2018: The majority of logisticians work full time and they sometimes work overtime to ensure that operations stay on schedule.
- Companies rely on logisticians: Prospects should be best for candidates who have previous experience using logistical software or doing logistical work for the military.
- Perfect for Problem Solvers: Logisticians must ensure that operations stay on schedule, and they must work quickly to solve any problems that arise.
- Logisticians work in almost every industry.: Some logisticians work in the logistical department of a company, and others work for firms that specialize in logistical work, such as freight-shipping companies.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.