Become part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. Freight broker training will help you learn the skills you need to be a successful Freight Broker/Agent. From licensing and operations, to sales and marketing, you'll learn the basics of how to run a domestic freight brokerage or agency in the United States.
6 Months / 180 Course Hrs
No Instructor, Start Anytime
Freight brokerage is a growing, service-based industry. As a freight agent or broker, you connect shippers and manufacturers with transportation companies and manage those shipments. Entrepreneur magazine has rated the freight brokerage business as one of the top home-based businesses to own, and a Wall Street Journal article cited freight brokering and logistics as the largest growing sector of the transportation industry.
Written by freight brokerage specialists, this freight broker course will provide you with the knowledge and resources needed to break into the shipping industry. From transportation law, contracts, and insurance, to setting up and running your own business, this is the best online freight broker training available.
Job Opportunity and Resources
Brooke Transportation Training Solutions hosts a weekly event called Resource Friday. This virtual event is held every Friday, exclusively for their graduates. During this virtual event, all graduates have the opportunity to meet and discuss agent positions with participating freight brokerages. Additionally, the best businesses and brokers in the industry talk with graduates about starting their own brokerage, working as an agent for another firm, and other career opportunities. Brooke Transportation is the only training provider currently offering this excellent resource.
What You Will Learn
- The basics of freight brokering.
- How to use the documents and software common to the industry.
- All about transportation law, insurance, and agreements and contracts.
- How to set up and run your business, including recordkeeping, determining quotes, and negotiation and marketing techniques.
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 180 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Freight broker school can provide you with the resources you need to obtain your brokerage licensing/authority from the federal government.
- Graduates will be able to participate in our weekly job opportunity event called Resource Friday—read more about it below.
More Course Information
Supply Chain Management Courses
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Management course will show you the integrated approach to planning, acquisition, flow, and distribution, from raw materials to finished products.
Freight Broker/Agent Training
Become part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. Freight broker training will help you learn the skills you need to be a successful Freight Broker/Agent.
Certified Green Supply Chain Professional
The Certified Green Supply Chain Professional Online Training course will give you the specialized knowledge to enable a company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Career In
Supply Chain Management
Logisticians (supply chain managers) are critical in for today's manufacturing and consumer-oriented society. They analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer.
- Projected to grow 5 percent from 2018 to 2028: Employment growth will be driven, in part, by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy.
- Annual wage for logisticians was $74,600 in 2018: The majority of logisticians work full time and they sometimes work overtime to ensure that operations stay on schedule.
- Companies rely on logisticians: Prospects should be best for candidates who have previous experience using logistical software or doing logistical work for the military.
- Perfect for Problem Solvers: Logisticians must ensure that operations stay on schedule, and they must work quickly to solve any problems that arise.
- Logisticians work in almost every industry.: Some logisticians work in the logistical department of a company, and others work for firms that specialize in logistical work, such as freight-shipping companies.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.