The Certified Green Supply Chain Professional Online Training course will give you the specialized knowledge to enable a company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development. This course will help you learn the essentials of green product standards and labeling as well as how to develop sustainability supplier courses, implement sustainable business practices, apply lean and green manufacturing strategies, and integrate these practices across the extended supply chain.
13 Months / 60 Course Hrs
No Instructor, Start Anytime
By the end of this course, you will be prepared to take the Senior Certified Sustainability Professional Certification (SCSP) or Green Supply Chain Professional Certification (GSCP) offered by Green Supply Chain.org. While these are not state or national certifications, once you pass, you will have earned the course credentials and are entitled to use the SCSP or GSCP designation after your name.
This sustainability certification is essential for professionals working in or preparing for leadership roles tasked to support the sustainable business practices and goals of their organization. Professionals who need to create collaborative partnerships in order to improve sustainable business practices throughout the supply chain will also benefit from this course, as will sustainability consultants who must analyze green challenges for their clients and develop supply-chain strategies. Managers, directors, or vice presidents whose departments are within the operations or supply-chain groups and have responsibility for implementing green supply-chain practices will find this training useful. Lastly, for those professionals who need to develop collaborative supplier partnerships with OEM organizations they support as a Tier I or II supplier.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how to establish and maintain a green procurement strategy
- Learn to identify corporate social responsibility strategies to meet organizational needs
- Learn how to develop and use Green Supply Practices (GSP)
- Discover how to select and use a variety of environmental accounting methods effectively
- Examine ways to align supply chain operations and business strategies to meet sustainability objectives
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 13 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 60 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Easily access an essential certification program for professionals working in or preparing for leadership roles
- Discover how to create collaborative partnerships in order to improve sustainable business practices throughout the supply chain
- Glean real-world supply chain strategies you can use to analyze problems for clients or impress your bosses
- Improve operational sustainability by applying green strategies to the logistics and supply chain
- Develop collaborative supplier partnerships with OEM organizations
More Course Information
Supply Chain Management Courses
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Management course will show you the integrated approach to planning, acquisition, flow, and distribution, from raw materials to finished products.
Freight Broker/Agent Training
Become part of the exciting trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as a licensed freight broker or as a freight broker agent. Freight broker training will help you learn the skills you need to be a successful Freight Broker/Agent.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Career In
Supply Chain Management
Logisticians (supply chain managers) are critical in for today's manufacturing and consumer-oriented society. They analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer.
- Projected to grow 5 percent from 2018 to 2028: Employment growth will be driven, in part, by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy.
- Annual wage for logisticians was $74,600 in 2018: The majority of logisticians work full time and they sometimes work overtime to ensure that operations stay on schedule.
- Companies rely on logisticians: Prospects should be best for candidates who have previous experience using logistical software or doing logistical work for the military.
- Perfect for Problem Solvers: Logisticians must ensure that operations stay on schedule, and they must work quickly to solve any problems that arise.
- Logisticians work in almost every industry.: Some logisticians work in the logistical department of a company, and others work for firms that specialize in logistical work, such as freight-shipping companies.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.