Logisticians (supply chain managers) analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain. The job can be stressful because logistical work is fast-paced. Most logisticians work full time during regular business hours.
In business and finance, supply chain is a system of organizations, people, activities, information, and resources involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer. Supply chain activities involve the transformation of natural resources, raw materials, and components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer.
Employment of logisticians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Employment growth will be driven, in part, by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy.
Our courses are designed to train you in a new career in logistics and supply management.
Supply Chain Management Courses
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Career In
Supply Chain Management
Logisticians (supply chain managers) are critical in for today's manufacturing and consumer-oriented society. They analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain—the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer.
- Projected to grow 5 percent from 2018 to 2028: Employment growth will be driven, in part, by the need for logistics in the transportation of goods in a global economy.
- Annual wage for logisticians was $74,600 in 2018: The majority of logisticians work full time and they sometimes work overtime to ensure that operations stay on schedule.
- Companies rely on logisticians: Prospects should be best for candidates who have previous experience using logistical software or doing logistical work for the military.
- Perfect for Problem Solvers: Logisticians must ensure that operations stay on schedule, and they must work quickly to solve any problems that arise.
- Logisticians work in almost every industry.: Some logisticians work in the logistical department of a company, and others work for firms that specialize in logistical work, such as freight-shipping companies.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.