Building and maintaining networks are among the most important skills to have as an IT professional. Whether you're new to the field or ready to move forward in your career, a CompTIA Network+ certification course could be a great next step. This certification confirms that you have the knowledge you need to configure and troubleshoot both wireless and wired hardware. You'll stand out among other job candidates when you gain the experience this online course provides and earn this valuable credential.
In the course, you'll learn the fundamentals you need to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007) and start a career as a network technician. With its comprehensive curriculum, you'll master basic networking concepts and learn about network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics, and common security practices.
To help you learn networking skills in an interactive setting, you can set up your own virtual lab environment using VirtualBox. With VirtualBox, you'll have the opportunity to put your new knowledge into action with networking scenarios you're likely to encounter during your IT career.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. Save $130 when you buy an exam voucher with the course! The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
What You Will Learn
- How to install, configure, and differentiate between common network devices.
- Routing protocols, computer forensic practices, and addressing and cloud computing technologies.
- All about WAN/LAN technology, addressing services like DHCP, the OSI model and the TCP/IP model, and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- How to implement a basic wireless network and wireless security.
- How to conduct network monitoring and perform network performance optimization.
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Equip yourself for a career in networking
- Be prepared to take the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007)
- Receive a certificate of completion and add this course to your resume to confirm your expertise
More Course Information
CompTia Career Training Courses
CompTIA™ Security+ Training
Gain the skills you need to be a security professional, and prepare to take the CompTIA™ Security+ certification SY0-501 exam, as you master the basics of system security, network infrastructure, access control, and organizational security
CompTIA™ Network+ Training
In this course, you'll learn the fundamentals you need to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-007) and start a career as a network technician. With its comprehensive curriculum, you'll master basic networking concepts and learn about network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics, and common security practices.
CompTIA™ A+ Training
CompTIA™ A+ Certification is vendor neutral and internationally recognized, giving you a competitive advantage no matter what country you're working in and what hardware you're working with.
CompTIA™ Training: A+, Network+, Security+
This course will prepare you for three CompTIA IT certifications that are ideal for entry-level and mid-level professionals: A+, Network+ and Security+. The CompTIA certifications are the most-recognized, vendor-neutral credentials in the industry, and will assure employers that you have the skills they need.
5 Reasons Why You Should Get CompTIA Certified
You can begin building a career that promises better pay and benefits than you may have now with CompTIA A+. It’s a fantastic way to get into an IT career and grow. Here’s why.
- CompTIA A+ is the Key to Your IT Career: Being CompTIA A+ certified means that you understand the cutting-edge fundamentals of computer hardware and software.
- CompTIA Allows You to Go Anywhere: Since the certification does not focus on vendor-specific hardware and software, it enables you to focus on building your foundation of tech knowledge and to become familiar with the technology vocabulary worldwide.
- CompTIA Allows You to Work From Anywhere: Many jobs in IT today do not require employees to work at an office or another specific location anymore.
- CompTIA Can Open the Door to Better Pay: Jobs in IT are among the best paying in our time, and there are plenty available, with new ones being created every day.
- CompTIA Leads the Way to a Better Work–Life Balance: Moving from a stressful, physically demanding or unsatisfying career into IT could give your life new meaning.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.