QuickBooks is the most commonly used financial software tool for small business bookkeeping. If you're a small business owner who wants to take control of your company's finances, this course is for you.
6 Months / 120 Course Hrs
Self-Paced - Instructor Led - Includes Quickbooks Software
Study on your own schedule
Self-Paced - Instructor Led - Without Software
Study on your own schedule
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019 will teach you how to utilize QuickBooks for everything from handling accounts receivable and accounts payable to accounting for fixed assets. You will learn standard bookkeeping skills, including running general ledger reports, working with the chart of accounts, managing inventory accounts, and more. By course completion, you will have the knowledge and skill set needed to ensure that you are handling your business's accounting needs within legal standards.
What You Will Learn
- Perform double-entry bookkeeping and basic bookkeeping equations
- Set up QuickBooks 2019 for optimum use
- Use double-entry bookkeeping to record business transactions in QuickBooks 2019
- Manage periodic bookkeeping tasks
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 120 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to effectively use QuickBooks 2019 to save an organization time and money
- Practice bookkeeping with confidence by becoming aware of the legal standards that apply to accounting methods
- Become an indispensable part in a small business that needs quality bookkeeping skills
More Course Information
Bookkeeping Career Courses
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019
If you want to master QuickBooks 2019 for your small business accounting needs, this course is for you. You will master the top financial software tool for small businesses and learn common accounting scenarios, including tracking inventory, pricing, customer estimated and more. QuickBooks 2019 software is an option to include in the price.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A
Career in Bookkeeping
Are you detail-oriented and good at math. Then consider the following reasons to become a bookkeeper:
- Good record keeping is essentail to every business: No matter the size of the business, every organization has to keep good financial records to stay alive and in compliance with federal and local laws.
- Bookkeepers often work from home: Independent bookkeepers set their own hours and work from a home office - which gives them flexibility to balance work and family!
- You become as specialized as you want: Bookkeepers may focus on just one industry, or become knowledgeable about a wider range of businesses. The choice is up to you.
- Bookkeeping is a perfect supplemental income: The median annual income for bookkeepers is approximately $40,240.
- Bookkeeping is portable: As more and more businesses use online means to keep track of finances, that means you can keep your clients with you no matter where you move.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.