Certified Bookkeepers are the elite of their profession, much like CPAs are the best in the accounting field. For bookkeepers, gaining industry-recognized certification increases your earning potential and enhances your professional status.
6 Months / 140 Course Hrs
Self-Paced - Instructor Led
Study on your own schedule
From bank reconciliation to inventory methods, this online course will prepare eligible bookkeepers for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) certification exam. Gaining AIPB certification is the highest standard in the profession, so this course is recommended to practicing bookkeepers with several years of experience and a working knowledge of payroll concepts, including accounting transactions and journal entries.
The Certified Bookkeeper course includes a prepaid voucher with enrollment that provides access to sit for the AIPB certification exam. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive detailed instructions regarding use of the exam voucher at any Prometric Test Center.
What You Will Learn
- Eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements.
- How to apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions.
- Adjustment of entries.
- Identification and correction of accounting errors and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Book and tax depreciation, including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Basic payroll, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- How to value inventory, record costs, make entries, and report inventory on financial statements.
- How to use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers, or vendors.
How The Course is Taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 140 course hours
How You Will Benefit
- Upon completion of our bookkeeping course, you'll be prepared to sit for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers exam.
- You may take the exam at any Prometric Test Center.
More Course Information
Bookkeeping Career Courses
Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks 2019
If you want to master QuickBooks 2019 for your small business accounting needs, this course is for you. You will master the top financial software tool for small businesses and learn common accounting scenarios, including tracking inventory, pricing, customer estimated and more. QuickBooks 2019 software is an option to include in the price.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start A
Career in Bookkeeping
Are you detail-oriented and good at math. Then consider the following reasons to become a bookkeeper:
- Good record keeping is essentail to every business: No matter the size of the business, every organization has to keep good financial records to stay alive and in compliance with federal and local laws.
- Bookkeepers often work from home: Independent bookkeepers set their own hours and work from a home office - which gives them flexibility to balance work and family!
- You become as specialized as you want: Bookkeepers may focus on just one industry, or become knowledgeable about a wider range of businesses. The choice is up to you.
- Bookkeeping is a perfect supplemental income: The median annual income for bookkeepers is approximately $40,240.
- Bookkeeping is portable: As more and more businesses use online means to keep track of finances, that means you can keep your clients with you no matter where you move.
We know balancing a family is challenging and we want to help you focus on your career too. Webster University is committed to empowering the spouses of those serving our country through our online courses.
Check out MyCAA and whether you qualify!
Offered through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is what’s known as a workforce development program. Its benefit is simple — it gives qualified military spouses up to $4,000 in tuition assistance, which they can apply to a variety of adult education programs aimed at helping them get ready for a successful portable career. So, who qualifies for the money and who doesn’t? Primarily, MyCAA was made for spouses of junior Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve members on Title 10.